Belhevie

Belhelvie,,--.jpg
Belhevie, Aberdeenshire - Hary Lumsden of Pitcaple bought this in 1780. It descended to his fifth son, Colonel Thomas Lumsden, inherited by his son Sir Harry Burnett Lumsden and remained in the family until 1957.

Time Line

Belhelvie Lodge, c.1783. Centre block for Harry Lumsden, advocate in Aberdeen, who had bought the forfeited Panmure estate from the York Buildings Company in 1782. A two-storey-and-basement, three-window house in squared granite with margins and piend roof; arched and key-blocked porch early Victorian. Two-storey east wing, c.1800; west wing, 1969, on site of former low wing.

Taken from "Aberdeenshire: Donside and Strathbogie - An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Ian Shepherd, 2006. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk